enter the line
at the point not
then or where-now
but sort of a
silent halfway toward
- - -
A Movement Topology from “2D” to “3D” Space
A given stream of signification is already woven of many threads (for example, a song which may have a title, lyrics, rhythm, melody, genre, etc.), any of which may move through an apparent cut or break in a process of experimentation to form a new tendency through experience, memory, or “intent”.
1. Begin with atmosphere. Take turns retrieving music from the internet archive, one song at a time.
2. In the confusion or hesitation to gesture and intersubjective embodiment, begin with language. Free associate keywords, concepts, and points of interest, marking the vertical surface of inscription as such.
3. Do not speak to one another during the process.
4. As best possible, enter this process somewhere in the middle — “en route” to who knows where — and simply make.
5. When the process is exhausted, discuss.
- - -
tiny menhirs dot curious
our passage together
ancient journeys through time
or with moments to live.
workshop with toronto-based dance/performance artist cara spooner, retrospectively titled.
poem quoted: “constellation”, sportsbabel, july 2011.